Paragon Technology Group, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic technology solutions to the public sector. Founded in 1997, Paragon has been recognized as one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the Washington, D.C., Metro area. Paragon delivers an extensive suite of IT services across the public sector and is renowned for delivering technical excellence in every client engagement.
We are currently conducting a search for a Senior ISSO to support the Cyber Security program (Risk Management Office) at the United States Postal Service. The candidate will have expertise in system certification & accreditation (C&A) processes; information assurance (IA) processes; achieving system ATOs, and continuous monitoring.
• Works closely with Account Security Officer (ASO) and Segment Security Officers (SSO) to ensure operational security measures are implemented.
• Assesses and mitigates system security risks; determines and analyzes security requirements for implementation and testing.
• Reviews and continuously monitors implemented security controls.
• Creates and maintains security checklists, templates and other tools to aid in the A&A process.
• Performs security control assessment using NIST 800-53A guidance and as per continuous monitoring requirements.
• Performs risk analyses to determine and recommends essential safeguards.
• Proactively mitigates system vulnerabilities and recommends compensating controls.
• Prepares security authorization packages in accordance with the client contractual requirements.
• Develops core documents such as System Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan, etc.
• Maintains client-specific Plan of Action and Milestones and supports remediation activities.
• Maintains an inventory of hardware and software for the information system.
• Develops, tests and trains on Contingency and Incident Response planning.
• Conducts independent scans of application, network and database and utilizes Managed Security Services Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) support as applicable.
Paragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.