Paragon Technology Group, Inc. is a leading provider of strategic technology solutions to the public sector. Founded in 1997, Paragon has been recognized as one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the Washington, D.C., Metro area. Paragon delivers an extensive suite of IT services across the public sector and is renowned for delivering technical excellence in every client engagement.
We are currently searching for a Firewall Security Engineer skilled in firewall rules (creation/management), firewall logs (monitoring), and firewall device installation, configuration, architecture, and hardening. The Firewall Security Engineer will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
• Work within the Cybersecurity Engineering and Chief Information Security Office (CISO) teams to promote the best network security engineering practices supporting the network with a specific focus on firewall management and firewall device hardening
• Research problems and recommend solutions to improve firewall security
• Drive firewall policies and compliance (i.e., CIS benchmarks) in support of the CISO ensuring firewall security standards are met
• Assist in the installation of firewall devices to multiple sites nationwide
• Assist in the conversion of firewall rules amongst different firewall technologies
• Assist in the creation of firewall rules in accordance with security policies and business needs, ensuring rules are not overly permissive and duplicative in nature
• Validate, test, and manage firewall rules
• Assist in the integration of firewall logs with other technologies
• Assist in firewall management and administration
• Firewall log analysis
• Contribute firewall engineering knowledge in improving the security architecture
• Assist with the delivery of regular status reports on firewall management activities
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required):
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
-Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Paragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.