- Four (4) year degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Experience of eight (8) or more years experience in a related field.
- Holds an active certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CDFM, or CGFM) - preferred
- Minimum Interim Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Air Force legacy financial management systems and processes.
- Air Force policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property, and material management.
- DoD and Air Force financial management policies and procedures.
In addition to the labor category requirements, experience with the following is highly desired:
- Current DoD Property, Plant, & Equipment (PP&E) experience required, including familiarity with FASAB compliant accounting, DoD accountability procedures and FIAR priorities.
- Experience with business process improvement and change management/communication strategy.
- Relevant PP&E audit experience including but not limited to assessing, evaluating and recommending actionable corrective actions to support the financial statement management assertions of, existence/completeness, valuation, rights and obligations and presentation and disclosure.
- Technical accounting experience including familiarity with SFFAS, 4, 6, 10 , 50 and all associated technical releases and interpretations required.
- Experience recording and supporting PP&E transactions including real property, leases, leasehold improvements, personal property, general equipment and IUS.
- Experience with GAAS and familiarity with GAO Yellow Book preferred.
- Familiarity with DoD FMR and property accountability/management DoD Instructions including but not limited to real property inventory/accountability requirements, personal property requirements (DoDI 5000.64) and IUS requirements (DoDI 5000.76).
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition, procurement and program management processes (e.g. DoDI 5000.02).
- Experience in manufactured or constructed deliverables and/or cost accumulation processes preferred.
- Ability to assess the impact of changes in accounting principles and changes in significant estimates on the organization highly desired.
- Experience of five (5) or more years with accounting and financial statement audits including three (3) or more years of progressive experience in leading business management and/or financial management services projects Experience performing financial statement audits in DoD, federal agencies, or commercial Fortune 400 organizations and/or preparation of assertion packages.
Paragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.